Thursday, January 28, 2021

Thursday Musings


 Good morning, how's it going in your world this fine Thursday morning.  My week is kind of bumpy and feels a bit disruptive but I can deal.  Monday was work at the office to check out the new printer that the girls set up.  The old one last week bit the dust and when I get a new one it also causes me to have to readjust all my printing needs.  By the way, the printer is AWESOME!  

I did workout on Monday morning with Af and the trainer but it was hard going and I just ended up walking the whole time.  I had not taken any Aleve for several days because of an upcoming doctor's appointment and bloodwork and I didn't want to skew the results, so I was in pain.  Tuesday was a day at the easel, not too successful but it was painting and that is what makes me very happy.  Then I had to rush off to the accountant to get our employees W-2's and quarter ends financial stuff.  This all meant that I didn't workout.  I'm really having a hard time trying to work all that back into my life again.  It was so easy before, to have exercise be the first thing I did in the morning, but this trainer doesn't get started till the middle of the day and I just can't seem to make that work for me.  It cuts into my painting time and I'm not too keen on that.  I did get back on my stationary bike on Tuesday for 5 minutes, which is a big deal for a gal who has a hip that doesn't work right anymore.  

Yesterday, Wednesday, was an 8 am doctor appointment.  I was not looking forward to stepping on the scale, not at all.  I have been tracking my food on NOOM and My Fitness Pal, in the free part, calories, and the scale is NOT BUDGING.  I am trying to be very truthful in logging, even with maybe drinking a cola or a handful of Cheez-Its, and that, I'm sure is why it is not budging.  I'm staying between 1,000-1,300 calories a day.  Salmon, cabbage soup, quinoa and over-easy eggs, lots of good food, organic, homemade food.  I'm sure when I move more it will start taking effect.  Today I know I'm supposed to go to the trainer again at 11:30 but, again, that taps into my time at the easel and I AM NOT HAPPY about that.  I'm trying to figure it all out so I can make myself happy.  I know that the exercise is what I need for my body but the easel is what I need for my mind!  Yesterday I thought I would make it to the easel but it was not to be.  I ended up at the office and my desk was absolutely knee deep in invoicing, mail, tax stuff.  I couldn't leave I had to get it done or I would be there all weekend trying to play catch-up.  By the time I was at a point that I was close to leaving The Hubby went to get us lunch and I could not say no to a greasy cheeseburger and onion rings.  Cheeseburgers are my all time favorite food, that would be a big FAT yes and I totally ate it.  My danger place is to be out at lunchtime, especially if I'm driving and have control whether my mind can say no!  Yesterday I had no choice because I had fasted for the bloodwork and was ravenous and was still delving deep into paperwork with a bit more to go.  I needed steady fingers to type the rest of the invoices.  By the time I left I was ready for a nap because I had been awake tossing and turning in bed from 3 to 5am when the alarm went off.  Sometimes I just don't sleep well and Tuesday night was that.  Oh, and the bloodwork came back awesome.  For a fat girl my cholesterol, triglycerides, etc., levels are all in the perfect ranges.  I couldn't be happier for that and it tells me I'm still okay, but I do worry about my glucose levels.  Right now they are all within the range of good but, my mother became diabetic, as were many of my grandparents, and I don't want to go there.  I know weight plays a huge part in that so that is one reason to lose the weight.  I did talk to the doctor about the horrible ortho visit with the idiot hip doctor telling me I was too fat and barely looked at my pain and how that visit really made me feel, but also glad I didn't push it because with Daddy passing I could not have managed it all and surgery/rehab.  He did set me up to visit a podiatrist about my ankle/foot/short leg issues.  He recommended to see about getting a lift in my shoe to help with my walking and I'm totally on board with that even if it means UGLY shoes.  Right now that is making things so much worse on my back and knees, wobbling and uneven in my gait.

Today I know there is a workout at 11:30 but my desire to hit the easel is too overwhelming.  I also have to go to the office YET AGAIN as many large checks have come in and I have to deposit them.  Tomorrow is payroll and there will be an all day invoicing typing day again as he finishes the billing cycle.  GOOD GRIEF, I am so ready to retire and be done with this business thing, he is too.  I also have to start in March I think signing up with Medicare!!!  Yup, it is that time of life and I'm a bit scared to start the process but I will.  There is still a possibly that we will still keep working a bit longer than expected because of a job we're on but The Hubby is not sure about any of it.  This really is a hard place to be in our life and not sure how to get off the self-employed merry-go-round but we will get through it.  

No comments: