Saturday, January 09, 2021

My Week In Review

Finally got to sit at my easel on Thursday and I'm quite pleased with what I was able to do.
I was going to work on the self-portrait thing but being gone so long I needed to go back to my first love, flowers.  I was also able to finally see my studio partner.  I haven't seen her since probably the first of November.  She and I have been very socially distanced so no worries there and she has her own space and I have mine but it was so nice to sit a ways from each other and catch up on our lives.  I miss my friends and conversation, in person conversation.  

While in this damn pandemic thing I've written before about no workout and the food thing and the diet thing...yadda, yadda, yadda, but here we go again.

This past week I started back with working out with a trainer and Af.  Just us two so that was fun.  I do struggle because of my hip and knees and the weight.  Honestly I haven't gained since this lockdown thing has happened, thank goodness, but it's definitely not gone down.  So a little exercise and I'm also tracking my food on some food apps and sticking to 1,000 to 1,200 calories a day.  I must say it's not been too hard either.  It keeps me focused a bit.  I did the NOOM app, the paid version I think March, just as the world shut down.  I was not in the right frame of mind, scared, stuck at home with food and the television.  The paid version of the app you are put with a support person and frankly, they drove me crazy with texts/emails, nagging me constantly and I don't need that.  I KNOW what I should and shouldn't eat, I don't need someone over my shoulder smacking my virtual hand.  This time I chose to only do the free version and I like it.  Hey, The Hubby had to have KFC last night and I was honest and put it in my app and guess what, I was only about 100 calories over.  I can deal with that.  So far the scale has NOT nudged one ounce down but I know it will eventually because I feel a bit different in the "fat content" in my body every morning.  I just have to keep plugging away with it and trust it will work if I'm careful.  

Before the end of the year at the office I was able to put the PPP loan forgiveness papers to bed with the bank and hopefully that will be all taken care of!  First thing off my plate.  Then I tackled the rest of Daddy's estate and was able to disburse most of it to my siblings and myself.  Now we are just waiting for the ONG refund to totally close out his checking about and disburse the rest of it.  It only a few hundred dollars.  This month is also gathering the year end 4th quarter stuff for the company and I wrapped that up and took to the accountant yesterday!  

Lastly, and the one thing I have fought with The Hubby about time and time again is possibly selling our business.  We are having a battle over that.  This next summer we hope to be done, finished, close the doors and totally retired, hopefully.  After nearly 42 years in business we are both done.  I want to just close the doors, sell off the equipment, tools, vehicles, etc.  Call it done.  Oh no, he wants to find a buyer for the thing.  That too would sell off all of the stuff mentioned above plus the customer list.  But, a big BUT, this means I have to gather all kinds of financial info, he does too (inventory) and then deal with one of those companies who finds buyers.  We had a meeting in November with one, against all of my hesitation about it all.  He pushed and pushed and pushed until I just said okay I will meet with them but they knew up front I was not on board with this process.  Yesterday I finally finished gathering up my part of the info to put with The Hubby's stuff and Monday we will turn it in and see what happens.  My thoughts, and I bluntly shared them with the gentlemen, is that our business would not be a business, a successful business without this man sitting here (pointing at The Hubby).  I told them if you could find another The Hubby to take over and make sure the reputation of our business is at the highest level that we've maintained in nearly 42 years then maybe I can be on board but I don't think that can happen.  Our customers trust The Hubby, they depend on him being there, being trustworthy and doing the best job for them.  You can't clone The Hubby and I don't think selling our business is going to work.  They kind of agreed with me but again, The Hubby plugged on.  He is like a dog with a bone and will not let it go.  MAKES ME CRAZY that I feel like he is shoving this down my throat.  So we will let it play out and see what happens.  We either find a buyer or we close our doors.  And with some of the jobs we have going it still may be next year before we close the doors if we don't sell and continue.  Who knows, it's all so fluid at this point.  

Boy is this a ramble but you don't think about stuff like this when you start a business, do you.

 

No comments: