Thursday, August 05, 2021

Happy Belated

Yesterday would have been Daddy's 86th birthday.  I kind of avoided thinking about it.  My girls went to the graves and put flowers on them.  That is just NOT my thing.  To me they aren't there, they are with me, in my heart.  It's hard to know that my girls went there and cried.  I know they miss their Papa tremendously, I do too and that is their way to grieve.  A LOT has transpired this past year for all of us.  We have lost way too much with him, his buddy Jay, my sweet mother-in-law, Gloria, our pets and now we are facing yet another impending loss.  



Many many years ago The Hubby's oldest brother was married for many years to Elaine, the boys (our nephews) mother.  She was my sister-in-law for a very long time but they parted and created different paths for their lives.  Sadly sweet Elaine, the aunt the girls remember very lovingly has been battling ovarian cancer for several years and heartbreakingly her battle is coming to an end soon.  It's just another huge hit for my girls to their big hearts and for us.  I think I'm staying out of the talks and remembering of those lost right now because I'm in a good place in my head and don't want to open that door again.  I'm trying to heal and grieve in my own way.  


 

No comments: