Monday, August 16, 2021

Snicklefritz Weekend

What a most glorious weekend we had with Snicklefritz.  Honestly, I so love having her with us.  She is helpful, pleasant, a good eater, and loves just learning about birds, and fishing with her Granddad.
Saturday morning early, I mean early, like 5:30 a.m. her Granddad woke her up to get a good breakfast, slather in bug spray and sunscreen because they were going on a journey.  They were off in the canoe up the creek to what is called Blue Hole to net chub or bait for fishing.  I was a bit nervous because, well, she would be out of my control and under the supervision of her Granddad and that has always caused me to be wary.  He's a guy and guy's just don't have that gut feeling like a "mom" or a Granny has, but all went well and they had the BEST time ever.  She loved going up stream and admitted that she was a bit scared but wanted to go again.  It was probably the last hurrah for the summer with her because on Thursday she begins school again and we will only be able to visit with her via Zoom.  I'm terrified for her but it is so important for her to go to school and be a part of that world.  She said her favorite meals were pizza and spaghetti and I guess I made her quite happy because that is what we ate.  She was very proud to eat the salad because she got to use the sharp knife to cut the lettuce.  Memories were definitely made this past weekend.

I did finish this little jewel last week.  I've really enjoyed taking a lot of landscape photos and hopefully will be painting many of them like this one.  
"Let's Go Fishing" 
16x20 oil

The drive home netted this beautiful snapshots of lots of roads and clouds.  Gosh I love northeast Oklahoma.











No comments: