Monday, August 09, 2021

Cows and Landscapes

The weekend, oh the weekend.  Yes it was hot but mostly on Saturday afternoon.  The rest of the weekend was most pleasant, at least for me, summer lover.  I went up on Thursday and enjoyed most of that day by my lonesome on my screened porch and a good book.  
In fact, I read three books this past weekend.  Now that, is a great weekend!  I read The Summons by John Grisham, Class Act by Stuart Woods (not worth it at all), and last night finished off The Lost Apothecary by Sarah Penner.  
We hosted grilled chicken on Saturday evening with some of the NEW weekend residents of our little cabin area.  They are super nice and it was one of the best evenings.  It was a small gathering allowing us to really visit and get to know one another.  The Hubby wanted to invite more but I had put a limit on that, especially with the Covid numbers rising I didn't feel comfortable with a huge crowd.  We were able to be on the porch and that makes me a bit happier and feel safer.  
I just love capturing the photos as we leave to head home.  Luckily no one was on the road as I drove allowing me to stop occasionally and snap the photos.  I'm sure I will paint one or more of these.


As I rounded one corner it was very evident that someone in the night had driven off the road and demolished the fence allowing these escapees all over the road.  I stopped, rolled my window down and captured their faces.  I wanted to take more photos but it was at a precarious part of the road where someone could have come up on me and smashed my car or the cows so I was quick and moved on.
It will be a busy week for me as I will be watching Snicklefritz a lot.  Next weekend she will journey with us to the cabin.  I always enjoy having her because she is a help and we just enjoy each other a lot.  Maybe next weekend I will load up on our watercolors and we will paint on the porch together.

This week I will also go to my regular doctor and I'm so excited to step on his scale.  According to MY scale I'm nearly 20 pounds down but the last time I was in to see him it will show only 15 from his chart.  I had gained 5 pounds since I last saw him.  The weekend I did derail a bit but that's okay, I'm back to it today, last night.  Again it is a food life change and I don't plan on changing that.

No comments: