Friday, August 27, 2021

This, That and It's Friday

"The Road I Must Travel"
11x14 oil

Good morning.  A slow week but a bit productive in and around my life.  Of course Monday was a quick visit to the office and again on Tuesday.  Wednesday was a bit of art as I finished this little jewel.  I just love painting landscapes lately.

Thursday I decided it was time to open The PACKAGE!  I ordered some new pillow shams, bed skirt and a new light weight quilt for my bed.  I've had the old comforter for over 15 years and I was absolutely SICK of it.  It was fancy-schmancy and way too heavy to put on the bed everyday.  I just got tired of manhandling it when I wanted to make my bed and that was NEVER.  I wanted a light weight, pretty quilt like we have at the cabin.  I tend to make that bed everyday while we are there.  It's easy to pull it up and fluff up a couple of throw pillows and then you have pretty.
So I've been searching everywhere for the perfect one for my eyes.  Our house is decorated in more of a manly fashion and every once in awhile I throw in a frilly, feminine touch, so on the hunt I was for that feel.  
We had tons of throw pillows that I decided we didn't need too many of.  

As it turns out the quilt I picked out is very similar to our youngest granddaughters bed stuff, and I'm okay with that.  It took me about 20 minutes to manhandle the old bed skirt out from under the hugely heavy mattress then I had to wrangle the new one back under it.  OMG, that mattress is so dang heavy.  It took me a good half hour TRYING to get it in place of which I was not so successful. It is mostly in place but will need The Hubby to help me finish.  I just lost steam and my BACK!  But, I love it, I absolutely love it.  It's warm and inviting and makes my eyes happy.  I was not about to change furniture or paint so this is the best solution to revamp my bedroom.

Oh and as I took a bit of a break I was sitting on the bed and noticed my legs in the mirror.  You can obviously see the discrepancy in the difference in the length of my legs.  Hence the pain I feel as I walk every single step.


 

No comments: