Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Just Touching Base

 

Good morning.  Honestly nothing is going on, absolutely nothing lately.  This past weekend was quiet and quite pleasant at the cabin.  I stayed over Saturday night while The Hubby headed back to town for a Vac-Dance.  I've been afraid to stay by myself before but since I'm down about 20 pounds my mobility is so much better.  When I arrive I have to go downstairs to turn on the water, hot water tank (breakers) and then back up the stairs.  That has been a bit scary for me but I'm better.  Although, Sunday when I was getting ready to head back to town I suddenly realized it was warm in the cabin.  Uh oh, the A/C was on the fritz.  The blower was blowing but the unit was still, the compressor.  Every year we have some kind of issue with it.  So I called The Hubby and he told me I needed to go downstairs to check the breakers.  Great, just great.  Down I went and sure enough there was orange on the A/C breaker, meaning it was faulted.  I called and he said to flip it off then on again THEN I had to go back upstairs yet again to turn on the unit and see if the compressor kicked on.  Dang it.  So up I went yet again and turned up the thermostat (we set it to 80 when we leave and I had already done that) and it seemed to kick on.  He had me go to the window and stick my head out and see if the compressor was on, it was!  I then turned the unit back up to 80 and back down the stairs I went again to go home.  Boy, got my workout on Sunday.  

I know it's only Tuesday but I worked yesterday at the office and plan on it this morning.  It's the end of the month and invoicing time.  Then I will be done for the week and can take off to the cabin, hopefully by Thursday.  This weekend we will social distance watching football, OU and OSU as football season starts up, OH BOY...NOT!  Not my favorite thing but I do enjoy being with my vaccinated friends, outside.  They have huge televisions outside so we can all be safe.  

The seasons are certainly changing and I can hardly wait to have a fire in the new fireplace again.  We had two ricks of wood delivered last week and now I'm all ready to enjoy.  

No comments: