Saturday, August 21, 2021

Damn Covid

Good Saturday morning all.  Is it good, I'm not so sure right now.  It seems we are back in the terrifying realm of Covid again, even the vaccinated.  So many fears are raging for everyone right now.  I am not alone in this fear, my girls have their own.  Our oldest granddaughter began school this past week so we will probably not be around her for a bit, especially unmasked.  I'm afraid for her because she is in the age group where she cannot be vaccinated and so is our little Min, and she's already been through a round of Covid.  At this moment I'm close to being 8 months out from my vaccination and I'm anxious to get the booster.  I feel like I'm a bit safer because last week I got the over 65 pneumonia shot which makes my body ramp up to build immunities at this time.  I'm still not out of danger, no one is at this point.  So, after over a year and a half we are still battling the unseen virus that we can't seem to get under control.  I'm so mad at the unvaccinated right now.  I think we would have been in a better place if those people had just STEPPED up and done the right thing.  Now our babies are in such danger and that is just not acceptable.  I can tolerate staying home and away from everyone but the babies need the interaction of other people.  They don't really understand why they can't play with their friends, why they are cooped up at home with mom and dad.  Not only have we not done the right thing for our education process of the children (education is another topic) but now we are possibly stunting their mental and social growth.  Oh, I know, the unvaccinated are going on about their business like this is nothing but a bad cold and I live in fear of the danger they are putting their children or grandchildren in when they ignore the whole thing.  You CANNOT prevent this or battle it with vitamins or cracking a  back bone, get real people and lets take this bull by the horns and do the right thing.  Get over YOUR fear of needles, or the vaccine and DO IT!  My youngest daughter has a friend who the whole family decided NOT to be vaccinated and guess what, the husband, father DIED this week.  She had to sing at his funeral watching the wife and children cry and grieve.  They chose to be afraid of the vaccine and not get it and now look at them.  Their lives forever changed because of that decision.  We've had friends that have been vaccinated and have Covid too, because the unvaccinated have chosen not to be vaccinated they've allowed the virus to mutate, to get around the vaccine and now were are faced with a virus that can still get us.  Get over feeling the distrust of the government, of having them tell you what to do, I'm telling you GET VACCINATED!  When I was a kid we HAD to get the polio vaccine (a sugar cube) and the small pox vaccine and guess what those have been nearly wiped out BECAUSE we HAD to be vaccinated, for our children.  I'm just sick to my stomach by the stupidity of people to think praying will make this all better.  Get back to reality people and let's all get our army fatigues on and fight this battle, TOGETHER!

"The End of the Garden Path"
16x20 oil

We've also had a loss in the family again, not Covid related.  My ex-sister-in-law battled ovarian cancer for many years and it had metastasized to her brain.  She was on hospice for 3 solid weeks, no food, no water, nothing.  She was one tough lady but yesterday we were at lunch with her sons, our nephews, one of her daughter-in-laws and the ex-husband (still my bro-in-law,) just starting to eat, when the call came in she had passed.  The boys had been doing constant vigils with her and once they left for a break she left this world.  I told them she probably was waiting for them to leave so she could let go, she was that kind of lady I'm sure.  Even though I had not seen her in many years we all loved her (even her ex) to the end.  She loved my girls like no other.  We will miss you Elaine.
 

No comments: