Thursday, August 12, 2021

Anniversary and Happy (& not so happy) Time

 

First of all, Happy Anniversary to you for three years of wedded bliss and 10 years of knowing each other.  We celebrated with them last night with their little angel, the oldest and her family and Nick's bestie from New York.  It was a wonderful dinner of lots of laughter and good food.  It's quite wonderful to have my family so very close during all this damn pandemic crap.  

A lot has been on my mind lately and has put me in a funk, not bad and not good.  First, just because I've not posted food stuff doesn't mean I've stopped.  On the contrary, I am continuing the road down the weight loss trail.  In fact, I had a 6 month check-up with my regular doctor yesterday and he was quite pleased with me.  At first his nurse took my blood pressure and announced it was 140/72!!!! WTF!  I was alarmed and he was too when he came in and retook it.  Well, I don't know what is wrong with that nurse but it was 124/70.  WHEW!  I don't know what she did but I felt a lot better after he took it himself and so did he and he announced an almost perfect patient with all I'm doing.  I also got the pneumonia shot they give if you are over 65.  It's a more souped up version and I'm all over it.  Then I went downstairs to the lab for blood draw to check my thyroid, liver, etc levels.  The girl called me in and we were ALL masked.  She came over, leaned over to draw the blood and noticed the band-aid for my pneumonia shot and asked if I'd had the Covid vaccination.  I said, "Yes."  She replied that she had not, that she was scared of it and then asked how mine went.  I WAS SHOCKED that she was IN MY FACE (mask on) and admitting that.  I have not been around anyone unvaccinated if I could help it and if I find out I back off immediately.  I've been super careful with myself in those situations and now this.  If I get Covid I will know EXACTLY where I got it.  I was so damn mad.  This person is in the health care industry and afraid to get a damn shot!  GOOD GRIEF!  Really ended a good morning on a bad note there.

I'm also upset with some of my "friends."  I can't and won't go into it but I got a phone call which shocked me the other day.  It pissed me off to no end and continues to effect my mind.  Some people can be so stupid in their tact and how the talk to people.  I (we) are going to pull in for a bit, away from the masses, so to speak, and let some stuff die down, i.e. our anger by unfeeling, out of touch people.  I will continue living my life, being a kind, nice, person the best I can.  Whew,  Ohmmm, Ohmmm, Ohmmm

Back to the easel where I can let stuff go in my head and find my happy place...later friends

No comments: