Wednesday, August 08, 2007

The week in review...so far

Well, there is some good news for a change. #2 daughter is coming home for a visit. It has been 8 months since we have laid eyes on her and I'm pretty excited although I'm not ready for The Hubby to start growling about her messes in the house. One of her friends is getting married and so she is coming home for the wedding. She has quit her job and living with the boyfriend. She spent most of the $600 she made on the Tears For Fears tour on a cell phone so....(I hang my head and sigh).

#1 daughter has gotten good news. She will be teaching ESL at the junior college part-time and she is very excited. She has been working on her masters in Teaching English as a Second Language for awhile now and should be through next spring, hopefully. Did I say she is very excited.

Finally, yesterday I went to the GYN for my yearly and she said that I was pretty much through the menopause thing. You've got to be kidding. This has been a breeze, at least so far. I've had a few night sweats and personal summers but all in all it's been pretty easy. It has been 11 months since my last period and my luck I'll have one next month. LOL!!! I have mixed feelings about this. I've always thought it would wonderful if I was through with the monthly stuff but I am a little sad. It's not that I would want another child, heaven forbid but you just realize that part of your life has stopped, ended, finished. I love to watch the birthing shows and sometimes envision myself going through it all again. I loved being pregnant and having the babies but I don't miss the sleepless nights, the diapers, the spit up, the screaming, and the exhaustion. I miss the smiling till you face felt like it was going to break, the coos, the baby smells. Maybe I'll have to live it through my daughters, but wait, they don't want to have kids. Oh well, we'll just have to wait to see what the future holds.

1 comment:

LiveLee said...

i never wanted babies either, until i met E and married. then the 'urge' comes, it doesn't miss many people. it'll find them...