Monday, June 26, 2023

Still Reeling

Memories
My eyes popped open about 5 this morning and I was immediately thinking about Dana.  Tomorrow will be day 7 since she left this earth and goodness I do miss her.  It's funny that as much as I was always angry with her, when we were children I loved he wholeheartedly and feel like a hole has been opened in my heart.  My brother texted me on Friday just to check in, he's feeling it too.  I told him it felt like we had amputated an arm.  It's a weird feeling to know you can't call her or text her anymore.  You won't hear her awful rants you hated anymore, now I miss.  Dana was who she was unapologetically.  She really was an open book, no holds bar kind of person.  I feel like crying at any second and when I see my brother on Sunday the dam may break open.  We are having a small family get together at their house Sunday afternoon to just be family and remember.  I look forward to seeing family, yet dread seeing family.  It's weird.  

We are still in a bit of a holding pattern with our family drama.  Still have a huge tree limb on our house, hopefully to be removed on Thursday.  They are still without cars, sort of, and are driving my car to OKC because it is reliable.  Luckily they have friends that have lent them two cars for town driving.  We didn't want them to drive them to OKC as we don't know the cars and transporting babies, just want them all safe.  Supposedly, Max is to be released tomorrow (Tuesday) but we've heard that before.  He is doing great, giggles, laughing out loud, trying to roll over and even attempting the crawling stance.  He needs to come home, NOW!  They need to get some semblance of normalcy back into their lives, so do we.  

We escaped to the cabin this weekend, a much needed escape.  We have both been so very sick that we were in great need of peace and quiet to heal.  Last night is the first night I did not cough all through the night.  We have been sick for 3 solid weeks, I think catching a couple of different bugs or what had been floating around in our house that was filled to the brim people.  
Today I have a brighter outlook as the house was empty and quiet.  Baby Max is hopefully coming home.  Lives are getting back to a sort of normal.  

No comments: