Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Cancer SUCKS

So much going on in my/our lives right now.  First of all, little Min has been living with us since last Wednesday.  Honestly this time around she has been quite enjoyable and probably would be more so if I was feeling better.  Last week The Hubby started getting sick and Friday finally went to minor emergency where he was diagnosed with bronchitis.  Then Saturday morning Little Miss Muffet woke me up at 2:30 in the morning screaming GRANNY!  I rushed in there and noticed my throat feeling a bit weird.  Well, dang it, I'm sick too.  It's been mostly in my throat with just soreness but from Friday to Monday it didn't get better so I did a video call yesterday with my doctor and he sent in an antibiotic and told me to take Mucinex DM for the little cough and congestion that was starting.  Starting it is.  Good GRIEF!  This has been the slowest moving whatever it is.  I believe it's an upper respiratory, not bronchitis like The Hubby.  I am PRAYING, absolutely PRAYING that Min does not get it and so far she seems fine, so far.  Because if she does she will be with us longer than this Thursday.  
Don't mind saying that I'm burning out with this childcare thing right now.  It's probably because I am sick.  Oh, the reason I have her is this little guy, or should I say husky little guy!  Max had to go into OKC for a quick change out of his feeding tube contraption in his belly but they ran into lots of problems.  Finally, they got it going with a different kind but wanted to keep him to see how he would tolerate the feeds back into his stomach that had been basically shut down.  That meant staying until today when they were to do an already scheduled cath procedure to balloon and to check out his lung function to see if he would be okayed for the next surgery in October or put on a transplant list.  We are on pins and needles with this.  At the minute I'm writing this he is in the procedure and we wait.  Such a sweet happy little boy.



Now to the toughest news of all.  I'm not sure if I posted about my little sister, Dana, but Dana has been battling cancer for nearly a year now.  She was diagnosed with lung and liver cancer, terminal, inoperable but was doing chemo and getting ready for radiation.  She first went to the ER because of severe back pain and found out one of her vertebrae was collapsing so they put surgical cement in it and on she went.  I'm telling you, from the beginning I said I thought the cancer was there too.  Well, she's had a couple more stints in the ER/hospital, one with an ambulance ride.  Dana HATES, DETESTS hospitals and for her to willingly go is a big deal.  About a month ago she went in for pain and most of the use of her right hand.  This time it was more pain and loss of use of both hands and she can barely walk.  Her husband has to help her eat, go to the bathroom, etc.  We got news a couple of days ago that the liver was fully engulfed with cancer and it was pushing on the spine...I THOUGHT THAT!  That is why she is losing function of her extremities.  Either today or tomorrow she is being sent home with hospice. My baby sister is dying.  
I am more than devastated by this.  I knew the cancer was terminal from the onset but when it is down to the wire it is hard to take.  I need and want to see her but with a three year old in tow I can't right now.  If all goes to plan with Max I hope to see her one last time.  GOD, that's hard to say.  Both my girls were able to go to the hospital to see her and that makes my heart happy.  My brother flew up there the minute I called him to see her.  Her kids have been with her.  

SHIT SHIT SHIT!!!!!


Also, our Aunt Sharon, one of two siblings left of Daddy's is battling lung and breast cancer.  She is to have a mastectomy soon.  I'm really not sure how much more I can take.  My heart is breaking in two.  

No comments: