Monday, September 12, 2022

Another Heartache

Yesterday I got a phone that I never expected to get.  My little sister, my baby sister, called to let me know she was in the hospital.  She HATES hospitals first of all (trust me you don't want to be her doctor or nurse.)  For months now she has been dealing with a horrible backache, she thought she threw her back out.  She had been on muscle relaxers and had been to the chiropractor several times but just wasn't getting better.  After a lifetime of smoking she is also COPD and at birth was born with holes in her heart, a mitral valve prolapse and another valve that was not working.  After the birth of her son, that came AFTER her doctor said no more children and her tubes were tied...yes it apparently didn't take...she had her first open heart surgery to replace the valve with mechanical valve.  About 2 months after that surgery she was life flighted to the hospital to open her up again because she developed a blood clot in the new valve.  She has been through the wringer and always called herself a walking autopsy from two c-sections, hysterectomy, tonsils out, new hip and two open heart surgeries.  The backache it turns out was cancer.  She has lung and liver cancer!  My heart is absolutely in shreds.  

I shared a room and a bed growing up with Sis until the day I married and moved out.  I won't lie it wasn't pretty most of the time and she is a different kind of person, but I love my sister.  She has the mouth of a sailor and a kind of abrasive personality but she is my sister and my heart hurts. 

Just too much to deal with right now and my mind and heart are in turmoil.

Last night I tossed and turned, I slept but it was fitfully with weird dreams and nightmares.

We now wait a couple of days for them to ween her off the blood thinners so they can do a biopsy to figure out the course of action they will take in this new health crisis journey she is to take.

Bro, Sis and I just had lunch together last Friday, thank goodness.  We've been very good at keeping in touch since Daddy died on that front, in fact I think we are closer.  







Please add to my prayer, good vibe chain for Baby Max and now Sis-Dana.  

 

No comments: