Sunday, September 11, 2022

A Little Bit of Ramble

Good Sunday morning.  It's been a beautiful weekend here in northeast Oklahoma.  Friday I had lunch with my siblings and then scooted off to the cabin by myself.  The Hubby and Biff went on their annual Kanokla 100 Mile Sale.  They've probably done this trek for at least 14-15 years, she even did it by herself, pregnant one time.  

The cabin grounds compound was very quiet after the Labor Day fun and it was quite welcome, but a bit lonely actually.  
I went by myself because Saturday morning I was gathering some cabin painters to have a paint day.  Sadly only one showed up but I was okay with that.  Actually she didn't show up until an hour later and I decided to go ahead and set up outside on the wigwam porch and enjoy the wonderful weather.
We're going to do it again in a couple of weeks and I'm sure more will join this time and the weather should be even better!  
I've painted this barn before but you can never paint a red barn enough and the last one sold almost immediately.  This isn't finished but will finish this week and get it varnished and take back in a couple of weeks and hopefully sell it too.

The week has been a bit slow except for a physical, time at the office and only one day at the studio.  This week should be more time at the studio, I hope, at least that is the plan and you all know my plans can be quickly changed in the blink of an eye.  

There's been a lot of stuff that has happened this week, worldwide. Today is 9/11 so that is a remembrance day for sure. The big thing this week is the passing of Queen Elizabeth and the crowning of a new King, King Charles III.  Wow, she was Queen for 70 years, amazing and amazing lady. 

No comments: