Sunday, September 18, 2022

A Weekend Away

I scooted off Thursday evening to the cabin by myself, he was to follow Friday.  I was in great need to get away from "home" the past few days.  I think all that is going on with baby Max, my sister, losing my aunt last month and my cousin in June has taken a bit of a toll on my mental health.  
This past year so much has been going on that I honestly completely filled my journal and it's only September!  I had to start another one.  It was a good feeling to see the blank pages to fill and gave me a sense of calm.  

The drive down I finished another audio book and just enjoyed the drive.  

Friday, The Hubby got there and he almost immediately took a 2 hours nap.  He's been exhausted too.  I went to "day drinking" and enjoyed visiting with girlfriends.  Back to the cabin and I fried some fish he caught in June.  It was a nice evening and we stayed on the porch till about 8:30 just reading and listening to the world shut down.  
Saturday evening the club, whoever wanted to come, met in the meadow at 5 for cocktail hour.  Oh it was so much fun.  Then we were off to our friends Julio and Mary's for a Chilean dinner for Julio's 60th birthday celebration.  Poor Julio though.  A couple of weeks ago he thought he had Covid but it was not.  Then he thought he had poison ivy because he had a rash on his head around his eye and his eye was swollen and had the rash in it.  Julio told a friend who is a doctor that he had poison ivy and so his friend gave him steroids.  Well, he DID NOT have poison ivy, he has shingles and the virus that is shingles feeds on steroids!!! Poor guy looks horrible and is in awful pain.  He's even got some neurological issues from it and memory problems.  So worried for him.  Even though he wanted to celebrate his birthday you could tell we were not going to stay long.
He very quickly was going down from pain and exhaustion.  So we were home by 7:30, which was probably good because two very strong gin and tonic's I was in need of bed!  
The drive home I was able to snap a couple of cow photos I've been dying to get.

So home and ready for the week of dinner with friends not one, but two evenings!  A bit of work and hopefully some studio time then it will be back there to do another painting class.  So many want to do it and say they will be there but we will see.  The last time only one showed up.  No worries, I'll paint and I will enjoy the cabin! (He's dancing!)

 

No comments: