Tuesday, September 13, 2022

And The Hits Keep Coming

No real update on Dana except she is in a lot of pain, lots and lots of pain.  So much so that the 4-6 hour pain meds are only lasting about 2 hours.  They're going to have to wait until Thursday to do the biopsy and I have to tell you my sister is NOT a good patient.  I hope she holds her tongue and lets the doctors do what they know. 

Then late in the afternoon I received an email about a kiddo I used to know, that was in the youth group at our church that I worked with.  His parents were darling.  His dad, Bud, passed away about 4 years ago from early onset Alzheimer's.  My artichoke dip recipe that I am now known for was his recipe.  Bud and his wife had two sons and Drew was their oldest.  He was about my youngest's age I think, maybe 36-37.  Drew had some learning disabilities and probably ADHD pretty severe.  They had their troubles with him but Bud was so thankful that our youth group was a place that accepted Drew.  He cried to us one time that it gave him peace that Drew could be a part of the group.  Last weekend Drew was killed in a hit and run.  I saw that on the email and absolutely cried.  His poor mother, Sherry, what she must be going through, losing her husband such a short time a go and now her darling first born.  My heart aches for her.  

I am OVER this bad news.  Please no more hits.  My heart is bursting with sorrow right now.  I know it is life but enough is enough.  

No comments: