Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Life's Little Pleasures

Oh this kiddo.  She spent a lot of time with me last week, the week before, and she's here for a couple more nights. It's SUMMER and time to spend time with Granny and Grandad.  I absolutely love having her over here.  She's nearly 10 and we just chat and visit and just hang.  

This little kiddo is going to SPEND THE NIGHT tonight for the first time.  I had her for a couple of hours yesterday while they went to the doctor!!!
She opted to skip her nap which at this age happens BUT she DID potty in the big potty.  She is nearly 3 now going on 5 verbally.  Goodness this baby has such a huge vocabulary it is mind boggling.  She still has the emotions of a 2-1/2 year old but is trying to learn to tame them.  You can see almost see her mind working it all out.  
I tell you my mother would have just been in heaven having these great-grands.  I know last weekend was Father's Day but on Saturday I saw her coffee mug in my cabinet and grabbed it because I was feeling her at the moment.  Daddy's mug, PaPa sits on a shelf over the sink that we don't use.  I am certainly missing both of them lately.  Mostly I wish they could see the grands and I really wish Momma could see how far I've come in my art world.  I think she would have been very proud of me.
This next weekend is the OVAC (Oklahoma Visual Arts Coalition) Studio Tour.  Our studio is 2nd on the list for the artists that are participating to pre-tour Thursday night.  I'm more anxious about that than the Saturday and Sunday visitors.  Those are my peers and some are in a whole realm above me but in some respects I feel equal.  I love my studio partner and we work really well together but sometimes she can get me down.  She doesn't want to "make her mark" anymore in the art world and has lost the desire to put herself out there.  I still have that drive and have to watch it not be squelched by her indifference.  Plus with this month's show at the Broken Arrow Historical Museum, I am making a name in my home town, my little area of the world.  It is extremely important to me because I was such a wallflower, a part of the scenery, an introvert most of my life.  I've stepped out of the shadows and want to BE SEEN!

Monday I finished this little jewel.  I call it "Telephone Line".
I so love doing these landscapes and think they will be more of my focus from now own.  I do love the florals but just am not feeling them.  That being said, I dug this one out of the "blocked-in-may-paint-over pile" to possibly make something out of it.  I was pleasantly surprised when I really got into it.  I can't decide if I want to go and work on it today or wait for Saturday and Sunday.  During the OVAC tour we are there from noon to 5 both days and I need something to work on, so think I will just leave it for then.  I have Snicklefritz today and tomorrow and want to keep her entertained.   Hmm, maybe we will do a jigsaw puzzle and read.  She has to read at least 20 minutes each day I think her momma said.  I could read 20 hours a day...LOL!  

No comments: