Saturday, April 26, 2008

A Beautiful Saturday Morning

We finally got to sleep in today and woke up to the sun streaming into the bedroom. Now I'm sitting in my chair in my "own" room and squinting as the sun filters through the birch leaves. We are in town this weekend and I'm already missing the lake. We have our 4 year old nephew's birthday party today complete with a Jupiter Jump. I'm not sure I'm ready for that but we'll see. Then right after that is a couples bridal shower we are co-hosting with two other couples for a friends son. It should be fun as I have had to do NOTHING to plan this thing. The other two ladies have a caterer all set up and all I have to do is write a check. My kind of party.

OH MY GOD!!! The Hubby is getting on my last nerve today. When he is rushed he is a pain in the ass. First of all his hearing is SHOT so when I am telling him something he repeats back what he thinks he has heard which is not at all what I said then he gets mad. Yesterday he told me that he was going to have to run up to the lake for a safety meeting and then back for all the weekends festivities here in town. I told him that he needed to take this thing to my friend Harri and she would give him $25 that I paid for it that she asked me to do. It is for another friend there. I told him this last night. He totally did not listen to what I told him and this morning I'm glad I clarified that whole situation because he had it ALL wrong. What a mess, then he told me I DIDN'T tell him that and I specifically did. I told him that it was Friday night and he already had a cocktail down his throat and that was why he didn't remember what I said. Unfortunately, MOST of the time he has an iron clad memory which sucks for me but I KNOW what I said last night because I stood by him and he looked me in the eye as I told him of his mission today. ARGHHHHHH!!!!!

On top of the weekend in town we are granddog sitting for Mondo. I really don't mind too much but I don't have an animal for a reason, I don't want to get up let him out, feed him, worry about him, get up in the middle of the night to let him out or listen to him smack his lips and or lick in the middle of the night KEEPING ME UP!

I have a very important test on Tuesday and it all begins on Monday. I workout at Jazzercise and the personal trainer and then go home to shower and then begin the yucky drink stuff. Yes, I'm having a colonoscopy on Tuesday so I will not be moving very far from the little girls room on Monday. I am nearly 52 years old and my doctor finally got around to the referral to have this procedure done. It's not that I'm looking forward to it but I know it needs to be done so bottom's up...uh...that was bad.

No comments: