Wednesday, November 03, 2021

Ho-Ho-Ho...No-No-No...

Ummmm...not sure about all this holiday stuff yet.  I love, LOVE Christmas time.  It is my favorite time of year, BUT...I need Thanksgiving first please.  It is only November 3 and the Christmas commercials and music have begun.  NO-NO-NO, no Ho-Ho-Ho until we get some Gobble-Gobble-Gobble!  Granted I've already started shopping and really am nearly done but WHOA on the commercials, especially Branson and the Andy Williams song.  

I think I posted about the hip doctor stuff.  I've had to reschedule yet again for December 6 so it is a distinct possibility that I will have a new hip for Christmas!!!  I'm all for that at this time.  So what that means is that I will definitely have my tree up after Thanksgiving so that I am ready but it may have to stay up a bit longer as I heal.  All this is speculation and hopeful.  I've really been having a hard time getting around but I suspect it's more driven from the colder weather.  When the air pressure plummented the other day my right knee that I've had arthroscopy on felt swollen and so stiff.  It wasn't actually swollen but the stiffness was definitely there.  Gosh it hurt so bad that I was afraid the knee was first on the surgery schedule but after a couple of days and the weather change it was back to normal.  WOW!  But, all that caused me to kind of step weird on my left foot/ankle and cause it to want to twist and fall.  NOT GOOD!  I got Daddy's cane and started using it then we broke out my mother-in-law's never used walker (still wrapped in plastic,) and I've been using it at home, especially to get up and pee in the middle of the night.  Thankfully today the foot is better.  This is also probably driven a bit by the weather.  It SUCKS getting older.  

Last night we went to the PAC with our friends and our season tickets for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.  It was the first time we've been since the pandemic started.  We missed the first one because The Hubby was sick.  I told The Hubby this morning that I had two fears about doing it, the crowds (covid) and my mobility.  I was very apprehensive about the process of it all but it turned out good.  I was dropped at the front door and we used the elevator to the orchestra level.  One of my issues is standing, which can be difficult, then lots and lots of steps down to our seats.  We are close to the front and smack in the middle of the auditorium.  I made it in and I made it out with a bit of effort, but I did it successfully.  All went well and we won't have to try that again until January, AND maybe I'll have a new hip by then! 

Some days I move quite well and some days not so well.  If I can just make it to the first of the year my life should be so much better.  I've really been so hesitant on this surgery but now it is just a must.  I need it to carry on or I will be in a wheel chair in a year, I know that at this point.  

No comments: