Friday, November 12, 2021

IPad Woe's

This week has been a bit un-busy for me.  I've had the opportunity to again watch little Min a couple of times.  She is such a bright light in our lives.  Oh gosh, grandchildren are just wonderful medicine.  Next weekend I will have Snicklefritz all weekend and am really looking forward to that.  This week I went to Min's house one day and got in some cat petting, crossword and Little Bear watching.  
Then Wednesday evening she came to see me for a couple of hours, raincoat and all.  It was an evening of a lot of storms, tornado sirens and explaining thunder to a 2 year old.  Luckily we were safe, away from a tornado touchdown not far away from us.  That was a bit scary.  There were actually three reported but one was only about a mile away!!!  She decided to wear the raincoat for awhile when the rain started and her eyes were great round orbs every time the thunder rattled the walls.  I think my aunts used to say it was angels bowling in heaven, I chose to say that the clouds were bumping into each other and she liked that.  

I've kind of been at a loss for something to do lately.  My NEW IPad got a cracked screen, AGAIN and since I have AppleCare I took it in to a recommended place.  They sent it in and Apple will replace with a new one for $49!  Great, but that means NO IPAD for the entire week.  I can't paint or even play games which I do a lot.  My OLD IPad I took in to but it is a loss.  I had dropped it a couple of times and cracked the screen and had that replaced by a third party but in doing that the display was damaged and the thing has a mind of it's own.  It goes crazy, opens windows/apps I didn't open and you CANNOT type anything in.  I was told I could have the display replaced but the quote was $347!!!!! I thought I would be able to do it cheaper but no so that one is trash.  I wanted to leave one at the studio.  Oh well, I will wait till the new is in.  Supposed to be the end of the week...TODAY, but I don't see that happening before I go to the cabin this afternoon.  

Since no IPad I've really amped up the knitting but NOW, I've caused my elbow to get, well, knitters elbow I guess.  It is so very sore I can't even put glasses on my face or a fork full of food to my mouth.  Good GRIEF...what am I to do.  You can only watch so much TV or read.  If I read too long I get sleepy sometimes and I DON'T want to constantly nap, then I can't sleep at night.  Without my IPad I can't paint either since I mainly paint with it so that's even a bust.  

RATS RATS RATS!  I'm bored.

 

No comments: