Sunday, November 21, 2021

Giggles and Grands

 Good Sunday morning.  
It's a bit dreary outside this morning but it's fall and the sun isn't our friend as much.  This weekend we stayed in town so the oldest could have a mini reunion with three of her friends at the cabin, the fourth not in the state to attend.  That's okay because I took it as an opportunity to have Snicklefritz spend the weekend with us.  I haven't seen that little stinker in about 5 weeks, the amount of time the Sunday funny papers had piled up.  I save them for her to read and she loves them.  Of course the opportunity was there to allow the other grand, Min, to come and spend time with her beloved cousin.  OMG, these two.  Min absolutely, ABSOLUTELY adores Snicklefritz and they just play and giggle constantly.  Here they are "playing" makeup and (fake) fingernail polish.  
Then I had a couple of Amazon boxes, and what do you do with boxes, you sit in them an drag yourself around or have an older cousin push you around.  They just giggled and giggled and Min laughed a laugh I had never heard her use, it was so full of joy.
I think by the end of the day though Snicklefritz was kind of done sharing and being the play toy of a two year old, but she so loves her too.  I kind of think she wanted Granny's attention and I could see it.  It was a long day, but after they went home to bed I looked at Snicklefritz and said, "you want to play Monopoly (Jr. Monopoly)", and she yelled, "YES!"  So we played a couple of quick games until she was exhausted and quite ready for bed.  In fact, it is nearly 9 am and she is still asleep.  We were up watching Home Alone 2, until 11pm so I'm sure she is tired.  When she wakes I'll fix her breakfast of scrambled eggs (my scrambled eggs, her favorite), pumpkin cinnamon roll, and blueberries.  She's a great eater for me.  She had the same breakfast yesterday.

This week I will prepare for Thanksgiving as I'm still having the whole family here, walker and all.  I can do it because everyone is bringing something and all I'm doing is the turkey, dressing, gravy and probably a relish plate.  I really can't wait!  Then hopefully on Friday we will get Christmas up and I will be ready for the season.  I'm done with shopping and will get it all wrapped and ready under the tree, JUST IN CASE I have the hip surgery.  My appointment is December 6!  

I finished this painting this week.  I think it's a really nice one and I've already got people interested in buying it!  
"Fall Shadow Play"
9x12 oil

No comments: