Thursday, April 01, 2021

The Durrells in Corfu

The past few weeks I've been watching a series on Amazon Video called The Durrells in Corfu.  There are four seasons and I absolutely inhaled each and every episode.  One of the most beautifully filmed series I have ever watched and I have to tell you I'm toying with watching it over again.  It was on PBS a few years ago, 2016-19.  The fabulous scenery and the characters were such fun to watch.  Something to take your mind off of life and transport you to another world and time.
I have been so taken with the family stories that I can't stop thinking about it.  It was based loosely on the books by the youngest, Gerry (Gerald) Durrell, as the family moved from England to Corfu in the 1930's.
I've actually purchased the above book and in paperback it's 757 pages.  I plan on reading it this summer and savoring every page.  The second book by Michael Haag is a more accurate accounting of the family and where they came from and where they ended up, more historically correct.  I've already started this one. 
If you truly want to escape and enjoy some beauty check out the series. 

No comments: