Thursday, April 08, 2021

And The Hits Keep Coming

A little background...
This is my sweet cousin HP.  I never knew my cousin as a child except for a photo on Greatgranny's wall.  
We were just never at Greatgranny's at the same time.  So skip ahead several years in our lives and her uncle, my cousin (he's another story) was in the hospital dying and I went to visit.  I walked in the visitor's area and in walked a woman I really didn't know but recognized from the depths of my memories, my cousin HP.  WOW!  We visited and chatted and parted.  Then not too soon after that I was at my very early Jazzercise class sitting on the couch waiting for class to start when in walked my cousin HP!!!  OMG!  Truly a small world.  I never knew my cousin as a child but as an adult we became very close friends and FAMILY!  HP is one of the kindest, generous and most caring people I have ever met in my life.  

Skip ahead to last night.  She called me about 8:30 last night to check up on my mother-in-law.  (HP is a lawyer and has helped with my MIL's estate/financial stuff.)  She then proceeded to inform me that she has bladder cancer, squamous cell carcinoma.  CRAP...DAMN...DAMMIT!!!  She is to have surgery in a few days to remove her bladder and possible chemo.  It doesn't look good.  I am absolutely devastated by this.  I told The Hubby last night I so tired of bad news.

No comments: