Saturday, April 10, 2021

Another Weight Loss Story: yada, yada, yada...

Good Saturday morning.  Last night the sirens roared but the storms weren't really close enough to us for that, in my opinion.  The threat was south of us but the entire region was put on alert, I understand that.  It was nice to open the window after the rain had stopped blowing in and feel the fresh air and smell the rain for a wonderful nights sleep.  It has been a stressful week with The Hubby spending his days at the hospital with his mother.  She is still there doing some occupational and physical therapy.  They cannot get her blood pressure under control and that is very concerning.  She has a feeding tube in her nose but I think they will be taking that out and putting one in directly to her stomach because she can't swallow yet.  She is communicating which is very encouraging but it is still a very long rocky road that won't get much better.  The boys, her boys, met with the hospital staff on Thursday evening about what is happening and today they go to meet with Montereau, the place where she lives in independent living.  The independent living will be no more so they have to look into assisted living or the nursing home part which is so very sad.  I just hate that for her.  The boys are just exhausted physically and mentally, I've totally been there with Daddy and Momma.  All we can do for them is support, talk, feed them, hug them.

On another note, the dieting thing.  I've been doing the Jorge Cruise 100 thing and so far 9 pounds down since Tuesday.  I already feel so much better and it's been pretty easy.  I have the same thing to eat everyday and that has made my life easy, not to constantly be thinking of food, buying food, planning meals...  I needed it to be very strict to get started.  This next week the evening meals will be changed up so I can include The Hubby in the food but he's just fine with that.  He said he would eat anything I put in front of him.  I can do this!!!

No comments: