Tuesday, June 05, 2012

The After

Today is the after day of my wonderful birthday and it was an awesome birth"day".  The morning started with tons of Facebook birthday wishes and a card from The Hubby.  A bit of work at the office and then I was off to go with B to her doctor appointment.  Listening to the heartbeat of our little granddaughter was my birthday present from B and I couldn't have been more thrilled.  That was a quick visit and then home to wait for Sis.  We were going to have lunch.  I have not seen her since Christmas, even though she lives close.  It has been a bit odd, our relationship but yesterday was great.  She came over and then we went to Utica Square for lunch and a little walk around shopping.  Catching up on her and the kiddos was nice and the day helped to bond us a bit again.  My one concern is that when she came into the house the first thing I noticed is that she smelled like smoke, she is smoking again.  Rats.  That does make me sad but it is her life.  She's already got the early stages of COPD which is what killed mother, plus a couple of open heart surgeries, her health will not do well.  After a few hours together she went home and I hit the couch for a little nap.  It's was my birthday and I wanted a nap.  I had plans for the evening and I needed a bit of shut-eye.  After the 40 winks I checked the FB page to find over a hundred wishes.  Oh man that was so fun.  Then I was off to my Birthday Club dinner with my friends.  There are four of us and we've been doing this for about 15 years.  Can't believe it.  We were going to go out for the evening but decided to stay in, order food in and keep the chit-chat going.  What fun we had.  Before I hit the hay I checked my messages on the phone and FB to find many more well wishes.  My birthday was a rousing success and I couldn't have asked for anything better.  Here's to life my friends and thank you one and all.  

1 comment:

Nolita said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I hope it was a great one!