Sunday, May 08, 2011

Odds -n- Ends

First of all I received my new camera just in time for Mother's Day.  It is a Canon PowerShot SX20 IS.  I love it and played with it a bit this weekend.  It is awesome!  This is the cover of my journal.
This one I love and may use it to paint. 
This weekend was also the Kentucky Derby.  This is the second year in a row that a bunch of us ladies have a KD hat contest.  What fun!  I never had time to go out and buy a hat to decorate so I used my cowboy hat and flowers from the garden at the cabin.  Sadly I didn't win this year but that was just fine as we had a grand time.   (I'm the one on the far right in the black shorts.)
The birds are also arriving at the bird feeders at the cabin retreat.  I was so happy to capture this indigo bunting with my new camera with the zoom feature.  AWESOME! 

Before I tell the story I have to share that A is coming home for a few days and she is DRIVING!  I'm a little apprehensive about a young, beautiful 25 year old girl driving from California to Oklahoma by herself but it is something adult she wants to do.  I'm trying NOT to be scared for her but anxious to see her. 

Now the story of The Hubby and a fight.  Yes, I said a fight.  He was even injured and was good enough to fish but his dancing days are put on hold for a bit. 
Yes, that is a broken toe.  On Thursday night I was sitting here in my chair checking emails.  It was about 11 pm and I suddenly heard a huge crash and a moaning.  Clayton was asleep by my feet and he jumped up and ran into the living room where The Hubby was sleeping on the couch.  I was right behind him and encountered The Hubby writhing on the couch holding his foot.  He had a dream that he was in a fight and he hauled off and kicked the guy in his dream but in reality it was our huge coffee table.  Friday he had to go have it x-rayed and surely it was quite broken.  I am so sorry for him but can't help but laugh.  He laughs too, when it is not hurting.

2 comments:

Kay said...

Ooooh! Ouch! Poor guy! Congratulations on your new camera. Yae~

CMS Websites said...

Congrats for your new camera Canon Powershot SX20 IS. beautiful all pics and nice details share in the post. thanks