Monday, May 16, 2011

NoBloPoMo

I haven't participated in the National Blog Posting Month for a few months but today I decided to lump the every day prompts into one post from the month of May. My answers are short but sweet. 

What would you like to forget?
I would like to forget the day I got the phone call that my dear friend Gail died.

Talk about the last time you were frustrated.
Dealing with all the crap with nursing homes, hospitals and doctors (Daddy).

Talk about your favourite place to sit.
My favorite place to sit is in my hammock at the cabin in the summer.  I love to lay in it and read or sleep or just look up at the clouds and trees and loose myself in the beauty of nature.

What is your favourite thing to cook?
My favorite thing to cook is a grilled cheese sandwich.  I can make the best in the world and of course they are pretty yummy to eat. 

What decision is currently weighing on your mind?
Not sure about this one because lately there have been a ton of decisions that I have made concerning the care of Daddy.  Sometimes the decisions you make are the paths you have taken for your life. 

How do you feel about endings?
That is an interesting thought.  Endings are nice because you can say done and move on.  I've read books where I didn't want them to end or a take on a challenge or task that you don't want to end.  It can be a good thing or bad thing. 

Do you like beginnings?
Beginnings, of course I like them.  The beginning of a life; the beginning or the first day of school; the beginning of married life; the beginning of a party, yes I like beginnings. 

What is the hardest decision you ever had to make?
The hardest decision I have ever had to make was to go sit by my mothers bed on the last day of her life.  I did not want to be there and actually still wish I hadn't been there.  I may get over that, eventually.


Talk about grief.  Talk about the opposite of grief.
Grief, well, I've talked a lot about that on this blog and really I need to move on from it.  It will always be with me but I have to push it back for awhile.  The opposite of grief is, in my opinion, elation, sheer happiness.  That could be the birth of a child or grandchild, finding love, utter joy, etc.

What is/was your favourite subject in school?
My favorite subject in school was art and literature.  I loved my art classes and my teacher, Miss Henson was the most fabulous teacher.  I had her for three years and learned so much stuff.  She exposed us to all kinds of art.  I also loved literature class.  Reading and being exposed to every kind of written word imaginable, a wonderful world that I enjoy today. 

No comments: