Thursday, June 07, 2007

The Long Ride

Tomorrow The Hubby and I will be traveling to Dallas for a family reunion (his family). It's about a 4 hour drive from here which isn't too bad. The one thing that will make this a long ride is that his Mother will be traveling with us. Now don't get me wrong I love my Mother-in-Law. She is a fabulous person. I couldn't have picked out my MIL and had a better one... My MIL is a most wonderful woman. She is elegant, classy, beautiful and gracious. She is still a fine figure of a woman to be getting ready to turn 80 in September. Our #2 daughter has inherited her statuesque beauty and all of the above. I am really looking forward to the reunion because I really like his family. The ride will unfortunately be fraught with chatter, chatter, chatter. The MIL has gotten to the point of age where she will start to tell you a story and somehow get off on another storyline that somewhere fits into the previous story and then finally 30 minutes later will come the conclusion to the beginning story. It's pretty funny really to try to guess where she will go with her line of thinking. So four hours of ring-around-a-story will be played on the highway between here and Dallas tomorrow. Yippee...!!!

No comments: