Thursday, December 08, 2022

Nostalgia - Melancholia...

Nostalgia, melancholia...
What is it about Christmas time (and probably the stupid dreary weather for me) that brings out the sadness, the loss, the loneliness.  Gosh has it been two years since we lost Daddy and sold the house. 
Daddy is gone, Momma is gone..the middle two siblings are now gone...
Daddy, Grandpa, Uncle Wayne and his son, cousin Matthew...

Daddy and his best friend, Jay...

My Great-Granddaddy and GreatGranny (she was my favorite)...the memories of their place in Jay I miss too.  It was the place, when I would get so mad at my parents, I wanted to run away to, a safe haven.
Grandpa and Grandma...
Granny and Granddaddy...oh how I wish they all could see us now, see how all our lives have evolved.  I think they would be so proud of Bro, Sis and myself.

I miss my dear friend Gail, oh how I miss her.  She was someone I could really talk to, tell EVERYTHING that was on my mind.  Anyone else I find that I hold back, with her that was absolutely not necessary.  I miss my confidant.  I have loads of friends and the past few years my bestie from high school has reappeared in my life, another I can confide in (thank goodness.)

I miss this sweet face.  No, I'm not ready for another dog, I'll go to our girls to get a dog or cat fix if needed, but I sure miss him.
 
Just feeling, well, just feeling today.  I think it's the holding pattern we are all in awaiting the arrival of sweet baby Maximilian to arrive in this world and all that is to happen.  I know I'm not the only one in this family.  It is a lot of the unknown, yet it will be the familiar to have a sweet baby yet again in the family.  

No comments: