Thursday, December 22, 2022

Did I Hear The Word....RETIRE

It is that time...CHRISTMAS!  My favorite holiday of the year and I think it is because of the decorations, and the fruitcake.  I did get a batch made and maybe after the holidays I will whip up another batch.  

Last week I spent a lot of time at home and decided to play with my watercolors.  I've got more to share but for some reason my phone will NOT let me email a picture to myself so the only way to get these right now is to post on FB and then copy.  ARGHHHHH!  


Having a lot of fun with this medium and will play more as the winds are whipping today.  Winter is here.

I am going to share this now too.  

We....Have...Announced...to our employees and most everyone within earshot that we are FINALLY retiring.  We did have a buyer and have been working with them for over a year but a couple of weeks ago they just backed out, cold feet we think.  It's all good, although it would have been nice to have the company go on but we are totally okay with it.  As you know I've always been okay with just shutting the doors.  The Hubby promised me that if this sale did not make it we would do just what we are doing NOW!  It's not an easy process, let me tell you to stop a business, especially if you have employees.  But we had to at least let them know what was happening so they have the opportunity to move on too.  They will either have to find other jobs or, as some will do since they are the same age as us, will retire too.  We only have 5 employees and four of them have an inactive contractors license or close to that.  The other is a journeyman and can find other work, no problem  This process will spill over into the year 2024 because we will, accounting wise, be a business for the tax season because we will have payroll into this next year.  We will slowly stop the work and stop buying material and just trickle it closed.  The accounting will just be at a standstill till then, quarterly reports of nothing actually.  I am SO excited!  It's also just in time for us to step up with the joy of the birth of Max.
This week I've had these two in the house for 3 days off an on.  It makes the house alive and shows what our lives will be like after Max comes.  
We had a small family meeting to help with Nick's fears on how he is going to manage with Min while Af is in OKC at the hospital with Max.  We have it covered.  Bri and I were able to let him take a deep breath with relief to know we will be there to help him anyway we can.  It's going to be a journey and we are all in it, together!


 

No comments: