Tuesday, December 21, 2021

10, 9, 8...The Countdown Is On

Are we ready yet.  Christmas is just a few days away and I think I'm ready.  Honestly it's all been pretty easy this year, mainly because I'm giving smaller presents, homemade presents and money.  I just couldn't go out and shop, but that's okay.  I did have my book club last week for dinner but there were only 4 of us.  I set my table and it looked so pretty.  Today I'm going to set it yet again for Christmas Day dinner.  Since Momma passed we've (my siblings and I) always gone to Daddy's to just have a quick brunch and just be with him.  Last year, by this time last year he was gone along with the house and we just didn't get together.  This year we three did have lunch last week.  We've tried to hang onto that once a month and we really enjoy that.  Just trying to hang onto sibling-hood.  I know my girls wanted to all of us to get together but with the pandemic and all we just can't really.  Besides we all were just together for Thanksgiving (without Bro this year.)  Maybe next year with a new hip and hopefully pandemic gone we will again be able to get together.  Anyway, this year it's my girls, their families and brother-in-law.  His hubby is headed to be with his father as his mother just passed.  I know how very hard that is.  It's also The Hubby's and his brothers first year without their mother.  So much loss this past year but we will get through it.  

The countdown is on for my new hip and I'm nervous, anxious and excited all at the same time.  I am so ready to not hurt every time I have to go to the bathroom, go to the front door, just movement in general.  As long as I sit I'm good, but that is just not healthy.  Hopefully I will be able to start walking again just in time for spring.  Looking forward to spring at this point.  The hip will be in and spring will be peaking.  It will be a good thing for recovery for me to see green and flowers, it rejuvenates me.  I also have a plan for summer at the cabin.  I'm hoping to maybe on Saturday's to have a painting class at the wigwam with anyone interested in painting, whether they are old hands at it or new and wanting to learn.  I am NOT a teacher but I can help anyone to begin.  I think it will be great fun.

"Cruella" 18x24 oil on linen 

Speaking of painting, I've just completed a commission.  A high school friend of The Hubby's contacted me a couple of weeks ago and asked if I could paint their dog who just passed.  I said I would try.  She didn't inquire the size or cost.  I went ahead and tried my hand at it.  Cruella was a standard poodle and I knew a tiny little canvas would not do to capture her so 18x24 it was.  I was quite please to finish it yesterday and I think it turned out really good.  I sent her a snapshot of it and she immediately texted back "I LOVE IT!" Good deal for me.  She asked when she could pick it up and I told her Thursday and then she asked how much.  I was conservative in my pricing but not cheap and she said, "PERFECT," to let her know what time to get it.  Wow!  When she sent me the photos to paint from she said the dog was mostly black on her head and she wasn't kidding, but, I told her that when painting black dogs, black is not always all black.  There are reflections of light, blues, greens, amber gold...lots of different colors in the "black."  I was very happy in how it turned out.  

No comments: