Monday, July 19, 2021

Weekend Roads

 What a glorious weekend we've had.  We didn't get to the cabin until nearly 10 Friday evening as we had a function to attend but better late than never.  It's always the best when I am able to get up early in the morning at the cabin and make my way to our fabulous screened porch.  Hot coffee, birds starting to wakeup the morning and a good book in hand, I am in my happy place.  

Saturday was a wet morning so The Hubby had to wait to mow and do a bit of yard work in our small little yard.  We were having guests for dinner, ribs and he needed to clean up the tall grass.  Me, I sat quiet contentedly in my chair and finished reading a 400 page book and started in on another.  All the while I loved watching my bird feeders which were full with goldfinches, indigo buntings, purple finches, black-capped chickadees...oh there were tons of wonderful birds.  I could spend all day just watching, and I do.  

We had a wonderful evening of guests for dinner, lots of laughter, chitter-chatter.  After a bit we girls took a nice golf cart ride just to get out.  By the time we got back the sprinkles started so everyone decided to head back to their respective cabins to await the rain.  We have a metal roof on our cabin so listening to the rain is wonderful to sleep under.

Sadly, much too soon it is time to head back to reality, home and work.

Oh my goodness I almost forgot to mention, I got into another national show, the Allied Artist show in NYC I am once again in.  So two national shows in two days, my weekend just got even better.  
I totally forgot to take any photos of our weekend but captured a few from the drive home.  Maybe a painting will come out of these.

Home again, home again, till we head back down the road back to our Eden next weekend.

No comments: