Monday, July 05, 2021

Happy 4th of July

First of all HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!

It was an absolute grand time at our cabin this past weekend with ALL of our family.  The girls, their girls and hubby's and puppies.  We had wonderful food, lots of laughs, hugs and of course fireworks (not my fav.)
I made this pasta salad and it was so very yummy.  It was so simple. Pasta cooked in salted water and then drop in broccoli to blanch pretty quick.  Frozen peas, chopped red onion, green onions and marinated artichoke hearts.  I love marinated artichoke hearts and since our group are vegan and vegetarian I had to do this without mayo or cheese.  So the dressing was the water/oil from the marinated artichoke arts and about 2 teaspoons of lemon olive oil.  That is it and it was fantastic, especially the longer it sat in the fridge.  

I also had another screened porch art show and sale since there would be so many more people in the camp.  Sadly the "regulars" didn't come which really disappointed me BUT there were so many of the new members that showed up and we got to meet.  That was pretty awesome and I DID sell a couple of small paintings!


Then there were these darling girls that made the whole weekend so much fun.  I cannot tell you how much I love these sweeties.


Plus we had some 4-legged company that I was stressed over but it turned out really wonderful.  They are going to be a great addition to the collective.
Granddog Vinny
New granddog Vance.  They think he has Great Dane in his lineage.  Wow!

We also got a bit of hair braiding done.
All in all it was one of the best 4th's we've ever had at the cabin.  I am truly blessed.

No comments: