Friday, July 16, 2021

Art Show Notification

Imagine my surprise yesterday when I received the email with the juried results notification one of the many art competitions I enter . It was from NOAPS (National Oil Painters of America) 2021 Associate Online Exhibit along with 150 other works. I am very honored to be in this show . I was sitting at the table working a jigsaw puzzle when the email came in. I had totally forgotten that the 15th was the day for notifications. I guess being turned down so many times I had just given up hope. Snicklefritz was sitting next to me when I logged into the website and there it was a green circle with a check mark. I squealed! I honestly had forgotten what painting I had even entered and was thrilled to find it was my first landscape to even get into any show. I know I've gotten into Allied Artists in NYC and gotten in twice but this one is different. There are three top groups/shows I've tried to get into and NOAPS was one. The other two are Oil Painters of America and American Impressionist Society. This one is online only so I don't have to ship anything. I think the 26th is another notification for different paintings. Let's see what happens with those show!

"The Long Road Home"
8x10 oil


No comments: