Saturday, March 05, 2016

Ribbons And Cheers

Well, I have had a very eventful past couple of weeks in my art world.  Finished some stuff and started some stuff!

I finished this lovely on Tuesday and haven't even got a title yet.  

Then I got going on one of many cats and dogs I'm doing for gifts. 

Plus this one has begun in class! 

Finally...drum roll.........
Last night The Hubby and I drove to McAlester for the SOFA-Southeast Oklahoma Fine Arts Juried Show and I walked away with THIRD place!  Oh my gosh, there were 90 entries in all and that included, fantastic sculpture, oils, watercolors, graphite, photography and acrylics.  I TOOK THIRD!  Wow, wow, wow.  I was shocked but so thrilled and it's a money prize too, not much but it's something.  What's cool is my friend Linda took Honorable Mention and another from our group in Tulsa Artist Guild took Best In Show with a sculpture.  I can't tell you how excited I am especially with this painting as it just seemed to happen by accident and I ended up loving it but not sure anyone else would.  It was validation for me. 

No comments: