Monday, August 08, 2011

The Saga Continues...

Yesterday I came into town and went straight to see Daddy.  He was laying in his nursing home bed all bundled up and dozing when I arrived.  It was close to his lunch time so I didn't mind keeping him awake.  He actually looks pretty good except for the continuing swelling in his legs but the arm and hand have gone down.  He's still on the antibiotic and now they've started him on lasix to get the fluid out and the blood clot, he said, is dissolving.  Supposedly he will start back with his physical therapy which should help the fluid.  This week will be several doctor appointments and hopefully he will be closer to going home.  His mental state is so much better this time around and he's pretty content to stay until the end of the month.  Daddy's birthday came and went with tons of birthday wishes and visits.  Yesterday I showed him all the ones on his Facebook account and he was so pleased.  His sisters came by, one bringing a huge slab of chocolate cake.  One of his neighbors, the one in the wheelchair that has been tending his two tomato plants came by along with two of his granddaughters (B&B2 in that mix), Bro and myself.  He said that one of the guys he eats with had his wife go to a bakery and get him a cupcake and topped it with a candle.  He was a happy guy!  Except, yesterday when I stopped by and he was telling me all of his goodness I asked him if Sis called or came by.  "No", was his answer.  Really.  I know I said I would let this go but REALLY!  It was his birthday!  I have a good mind to call her and ask if she's mad at him or something or is it just because the world has stopped revolving around her.  ARGHHHHH!

Let it go, let it go, let it go, let it go....

I also went by his house and was so sad to see that in this drought his front flowerbed he has been so proud of is trying to die, along with his ginkgo and dogwood, both of which Momma had him put in years ago.  The magnolia on the side, I noticed when I left, is looking sad too.  I hate it and feel guilty that I've overlooked this stuff but there has been so much on my mind that I just didn't notice.  I'm not telling him, it would only make him depressed and mad.  Everyone is losing plants this summer in this intense heat.  I mean, we have a sprinkler system and our stuff is struggling.  This week they are predicting that we will have under 100 degrees finally and chances of rain several days!  I'm excited. 

1 comment:

Territory Mom said...

"Let it go" is so hard sometimes. We finally got rain yesterday hope your dad's plants did too! Glad your dad had a great birthday.