Thursday, August 18, 2011

My World

I promise I'm still here but I've just had a HUGE case of writers block.  A few good things have happened though:
They delivered the cabinets and woodwork stuff for the bathroom.  These are the sides of a cabinet area that will house the washer and dryer.  They are actually cabinets and one side will have a hidden ironing board. 

This is one side of the sink area.  The rest of the stuff will be delivered today.  And as I type I hear the sweet sound of hammers!  Finally!  It starts getting depressing seeing a tarp over your bedroom door after nearly 4 months. 

Last week I received an email from my old high school best buddy checking to see if my email was the same.  I was so excited and since then we have been playing email tag back and forth.  I can't wait till we get together and have lunch soon. 

Daddy is doing very well now.  The stitches are out and he's just waiting until The Hippy doctor feels it is time for him to put weight on the leg.  He's still on IV antibiotics but when that stops he will go home!  It's been 4 weeks since surgery and The Hippy doctor said 4-6 weeks so we are in that magic window I think.  Sis finally went to see him again on Sunday.  He gave her a hard time for not even calling on his birthday.  She had no excuse.  Poor guy.  So that makes twice she has seen him since July 19, and she lives all of 5 or so miles away. 

Just found out this morning that one of my oldest friends and neighbor has breast cancer and starts chemo this morning.  Had no idea.  It's funny that right after I heard that when on Good Morning America they showed the world premiere of Martina McBride's new video, "I'm Gonna Love You Through It".  Perfect.  Made me cry.  Sending out a prayer for Susie! 

2 comments:

Kathryn Magendie said...

Oh, love that bead-board look (I think that's what it's called!)

Sorry about your neighbor - we can live so close to someone and never know what they are going through.

But great that your dad is progressing well! yay!

Kay said...

That's so pretty! What a relief that your dad is healing well.