Thursday, November 11, 2010

Our Children

I'm sort of at a loss for words when it comes to this subject, our children.  It is not "MY" children but the world's children and what is happening right now at my back door.  In the past week we've had the most horrendous stories with crime against children and it just makes me sick.  Here are the links to them if you dare to read.  I can't say too much because it just makes my stomach knot up.  What in the world is going on here.  Our children are ... oh, just tears is all I can put here.  We, as mothers need to stand up and fight these crimes, just horrible. 

Church day-care worker charged in abuse had clean background check - this lady had background checks, was cleared, yet now we are finding out there were other incidents.  Really.

Man arrested after Muskogee child stabbed to death


Mother charged with child neglect  - Really this was much, much more than child neglect.  It is drugs and the idiocy of DHS when clearly she was a drug user and the baby had the effects of the drugs and DHS had already take two of her children.  This should not have happened and makes my skin crawl. 

These are just a few of the stories that have graced our local paper from our area but there are more and I'm sure there are more around the country.  Parents we have got to take back the safety of our children and stop the drug use and creepy crawlers that lie in wait for the innocent children.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Isn't it just awful? I think we protect the adults far more than the kids. Makes me sick.

Kellyology said...

I was with some friends last night who work at several of the local news stations, and they were unfortunately privy to reading the police reports with the details. They were horrified. What is going on? It's not been a good week.