Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Wrapping Up The Month

 NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month)   Yes the month has come to an end but I think I am going to continue posting every day.  It is a good exercise to use the writing muscles.  I've had a time coming up with topics to post about but all in all this has been a good experience.  At one time I thought I wanted to become a fiction writer but I don't think that is for me.  Don't get me wrong I have a lot of stories in my head but I just can't seem to get them to fruition.  At night sometimes when I can't sleep I write stories in my head but that is just before I drift off, and of course I usually don't remember them.  I wish there was a typewriter connected to my brain that could write the stuff that floats around up their.  Just seems kind of crowded.  One day I hope to write about my childhood and I've done a bit of that in my journals.  I need to get The Hubby's childhood down in print.  It amazes me his stories with his brothers and friends.  His mother, I'm surprised she is sane and still standing.  Those boys did so much stuff to get in trouble for or even die from, but of course those were different times.  The world was a much different place where we could walk all over town and not be afraid.  We would come home when the street lamps came on.  It was a safer place so these stories are stuff you just don't live anymore but love to re-live through story telling.  There are a few things in my childhood I write in my journals that probably don't need to come out till some people are gone in my life.  I think everyone has a few secrets that need to stay secrets.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I would love to read you and hubbys childhood stories...you are so right...it was a different time then...look forward to them

Char said...

I agree - some secrets are meant to be that way