Thursday, August 26, 2010

Day 26 - NaBloPoMo

It is day 26 of my attempt to blog everyday in the month of August for National Blog Posting Month or NaBloPoMo.  I thought I might go with their suggestion for today's topic but it asks, "What do you know about the day you were born."  I know absolutely nothing about the day I was born, absolutely nothing.   So now I'm trying to check out the other writing prompts which I've never done.  Well, what do you know, my Monday's post about nicknames was their prompt for Monday.  That was totally an accident but don't you know that great minds think alike! 

Okay, here's one from August 9:  "Have you ever turned anyone you didn't like at first into a friend? How did you do it?"  That is an interesting question.  As a matter of fact I have done this.  At our lake paradise I sat on the homeowners association board for a brief time and the president at the time just irked me.  I just couldn't put my finger on it.  I did not know the man and he called me "sweetie" or "darlin'" and it just rubbed me wrong.  He is a very good looking man,  Ken & Barbie-ish and I was kind of thrown into a high school mode of not trusting the looks and manners, and thinking of the high school jock who never had time for me.  Really I didn't know the man and I didn't give him a chance.  It was all me and my insecurities that played into it all.  I have to credit Harri into throwing him and his lovely wife and us into the mix of social interactions.  I got to know them and totally changed my mind and judgement.  He and I even talked about it and I apologized for being an idiot and judging when I shouldn't have.  In fact I usually condemn people for doing it and there I did it.  It was not fair and I might have missed out on making new friends that I had been missing.

1 comment:

Char said...

wonderful things can happen when we open our hearts