Monday, November 10, 2008

What a Monday!

What a Monday this has turned out to be. I actually was able to sleep in an hour but that was because I was exhausted because I woke up at 2 in the morning and couldn't get back to sleep till about 4 this morning. My mind was playing games with me and racing. Finally here I am in the office and my computer Internet connection is down. I called our IT guy that is working out in the field and he couldn't help me on the phone then I called our nephew who is a computer geek and he gave me some tips but still not helping. He had steps to take and the first one was to replace the CAT5 cable from the wall jack to the tower. Without my computer I was not able to email quotes or get my cameras up for the front door or CHECK MY EMAIL! We then had a meeting with our accountant that took several hours well into the lunch hour. He treated us to lunch at The Wild Fork! We pulled up back at the office and our shop guy was there and I mentioned to The Hubby that MA go to the supply house for a new cable. The Hubby was very insistent that he tear into my tower!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I was insistent that he get a new cable since the one we were using had been here and in use for at least 10 years, you think it just might be bad! He told the shop guy to go and get one to basically shut me up but then realized they might have another one in the back office longer. The new cable plugged in, I rebooted and VIOLA I have INTERNET! I didn't say I told you so but neither did I get a "yes you were right." Humph!

No comments: