Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend!

We've had a full weekend at the lake this Memorial Day Weekend. Friday night we hosted an impromtu chicken cookout at our cabin for 9 people. Saturday morning I was one of three to co-host the community breakfast (74 came to eat.) Saturday The Hubby also invited his childhood buddy (who's wife and our best friend died last year) up for BBQ ribs and fishing for the day. Sunday afternoon was a hamburger cookout at our neighbors for 20 of us. Also, our other neighbor who lives in Houston so does not come up but twice a year surprised us by pulling up at 8:30pm on Saturday night. Since the horrendous ice storm this winter he had not had the water on and low and behold he had a gusher in his cabin when the meter was turned on, so, we had an overnight guest. He didn't leave till noon the next day. I cherish the early mornings running around in my jammies on our screened porch but with the extra guest that had to be curtailed a little.

During the course of the weekend I told The Hubby that he needed to talk to our #2 daughter, not talk, but talk. Their relationship is a little strained because he can't seem to help himself with the telling her what he thinks she is doing wrong and what she should be doing. He has a control issue when it comes to his girls. He keeps asking me about this guy she is seeing and I told him she is VERY serious about him. I didn't tell him he is 30 something and been married twice. That would send him through the roof and it is her place not mine. I told him that I was tired of being the conduit of their relationship, I abdicated the throne of that positon. He needs to find his own way to her, not through me. I'm really afraid that when he does talk to her he will get angry and start yelling and hollering and threaten to completely cut her funds off. He goes from 1 to 60 when it comes to her. I don't know if I can do that but I told her that when she moves in with her beau in July that the money would stop. The Hubby is going to find that out too and that won't be pretty. I don't know if I want to be around for the fireworks when all that comes out. Oh my goodness my insides are jittery because she is going to call him in a little while. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

No comments: