Wednesday, July 05, 2023

Saying Goodbye

Happy 4th of July
(Max and his Granny, what a darling little boy)

The past weekend was one of the quietest 4th's we have had in many years.  Because of all the rig-a-ma-role that goes into taking Max or even two children anywhere they stayed home for the weekend festivities as did B&B2 and Snicklefritz.  I missed them but honestly I really enjoyed the quiet, or as quiet as it can be on the 4th at the lake.  I NEEDED the rest.  I'm still hacking and coughing up crap and this morning sneezing my head off.  I think it's allergies and took a Zyrtec to help, I hope.  I REALLY don't need another rebound illness to descend on me.  I'm sleeping nearly 8 hours every night now and before it was at best 6 hours.  I think my body, at 67 years young, is saying SLOW THE FUCK DOWN, or I'm going to fight you!

Sunday we headed back to town and went to my brother and sister-in-law's to celebrate the life of Dana.  It was quite wonderful with a meal and family on what was one of the most pleasant weather days for July.  I know some were thinking that we didn't do the memory walk just right but it was my sister and her family, hell, my family and we are just not like that kind of thing.  We don't do the touchy-feely kind of thing and frankly, it was Dana.  Memories, good memories, are kind of hard to bring up with it comes to Dana and have to be honest here, most of my childhood I hated my sister.  Didn't help I shared a room and a bed until I got married and left home at age 19.  We became friends after her marriage and then divorce.  She was a great aunt to my girls and they loved her dearly, but face it she was mostly a mess.  Dana was extremely opinionated and used the word FUCK like it was everyday language.  I had issues with how she raised her children, she was a horrible pet parent (she failed miserably at that), and basically how she saw life, but SHE WAS MY SISTER and I did love her.  We are each individuals and she certainly was.  We were extremely different people, and if you met both of us you would not be able to figure out that we were raised in the same house by the same parents.  But, she was my sister, and I DID LOVE HER.  Life moves on.  I spent most of the weekend dreading Sunday.  I was on the verge of tears most of the day but honestly Sunday worked for me and allowed me to get past that.  It was good to be with family.

No comments: