Sunday, May 21, 2023

A Fishin' We Will Go, a Fishin' We Will Go

Thursday we did something.  The Hubby's oldest brother set it up with a fishing guide to go fishing on Lake Eufaula for the day for crappie.  I love fishing, I have a lifetime fishing license.  It's really been years since I've even caught a fish.  I really wasn't too keen on going because I'm not a fan of being on a boat but I knew he wanted to do the experience with me.  So onward.

The drive early, EARLY in the AM on Thursday was a bit sketchy because there was so much fog but it was drivable.  We made it and his brother and wife were excited to show us their new house they are nearly finished in building and to go to breakfast.  Finally, we were headed to the boat launch and we were off.

The water was so very still and quiet that morning.  It was a bit cool as we were speeding on to the crappie spots but I had my shirt and The Hubby found me a great hat that I LOVE!  We slathered on SPF 100 sunscreen and were set to fish.  I caught several but after four hours I was hot and baking on the water as the temperatures started climbing.  
The clouds started coming in as I knew the weather was bringing rain later in the evening.  It made for wonderful photos to paint.  I took lots of pics and then insisted, after the four hours, that I was DONE and needed, urgently, a bathroom.  So they headed in to the brother-in-laws dock area where his wife, sister-in-law picked me up, because they guys were heading back out.
I was concerned for the BIL because he is on oxygen but he seemed to be fine as long as he was seated and he was having such a great time.  I told SIL that we would have to get after them at some point because neither brother wanted to disappoint the other by stopping.  After another three hours they FINALLY came in, only because they ran out of bait...LOL!  
All in all, between the three of us we caught about 40 fish, which the guide cleaned for us.  Friday night was fish for dinner.
After that long day we drove back home, gathered our stuff and food and headed for the cabin for a long weekend, after a stop for a quick dinner.

The drive was just beautiful.


Once there we sure hit the bed early.  I wanted to go on Thursday because I knew it was supposed to rain all day Friday and The Hubby LOVES to be there when it rains.  

We got up Friday morning and of course it was raining.  I got a nice fire going in our porch fireplace and kept it going Friday and Saturday.  So SOOOO very nice.  

Saturday morning the rain was gone and the fire was blazing as the morning was clean and bright.  I filled my bird feeders and kicked back to enjoy the day.  The evening before I went to see my friend Lesa for a drink and she wondered if I was going to watercolor.  She is a novice and I told her I would help her learn.  I got my watercolors out and piddled and she came in the afternoon and we had a great time painting. I really felt like I'm an artist, that I really know what I am doing.  

At some point before she popped over I took a golf cart ride to the meadow and was treated with these beauties.  The club has planted several patches of wildflowers and they are STUNNING!  And they are full of bees just filling the air with buzzing.

It was a most perfect weekend.  I love retirement.

No comments: