Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Whitetail and a Lullaby

I finally, FINALLY finished this sweet one yesterday.  I've been working on it piece-meal, one stroke at a time lately because, as you know, my time has been limited.  Plus I've begun the process of moving out of my studio.  So I go in and paint an hour or so then I load my car and deliver to the shop.  Then I go back and load again and take that afternoon or the next morning.  It will be a long slow process until it gets to stuff I cannot lift or move myself.  Then the son-in-law and hubby will step in. 

This painting, the reference photo, I took last fall on a golf cart ride with The Hubby at the creek.  There were about seven deer getting a drink.  It was such a wonderful sight and I knew someday it would be a great painting, someday.  I posted it on Facebook and within a few hours it has racked tons of likes and one PURCHASE!  Yes, I sold it off of FB to an already familiar collector.  Carol has purchased at least eight of my paintings and this will add to her collection.  At first she said the price was too steep but about an hour later she said she wanted it.  Thrilling.

"Whitetail"
18x24 oil on linen

Also have to share a sweet, SWEET video of little Min singing a lullaby to Mighty Max.  This lullaby is one I sang to my girls and the grandgirls many many times.  I don't even know all the words exactly and definitely don't sing it right, but I love the tune.  It came from a Bing Crosby movie many years ago.  OMG, hearing Min sing it and ON TUNE is absolutely amazing.  Sweet little girl.  She can't wait for her little brother to come home.







 

No comments: