Wednesday, June 02, 2021

Weight Loss Update

This weight loss journey is working.  I'm AGAIN on the downhill slide with the scale.  I'm back to where I was a couple of years ago before the weight started up again, but this time I am NOT stopping.  For some reason it has been much easier and the food is really satisfying to me this time.  Could be that I'm making it eye appealing too.  I'm continuing the low carb-no carb diet but that doesn't mean I'm not occasionally having a potato or like Sunday evening with our steak half a sweet potato.  The weekend I had a biscuit and about 2 tablespoons of hash browns.  I am not going to deny myself but I am eating in moderation.  One of my issues is portion control and I do LOVE my carb stuff.  I've not had a soda-pop-diet soda since February either and that is a biggie.  99% of the time I only drink water with an glass of red wine in the evenings or on the weekend a gin and tonic.  It's working and that is what counts.  
This one was zucchini, red pepper, asparagus and shrimp with a dash of jalapeno salt and lemon olive oil.
One evening I just was at a loss on what to cook but decided to make an omelet with spinach, cheese and leftover bruschetta.  Oh goodness, so very yummy.
Last night was tilapia with Paul Prudhomme Seafood Magic seasoning and lemon olive oil with a little bit of red pepper and spinach with a splash of balsamic vinegar.  

The scale is 16 pounds down and my goal (hopefully by the end of the year) is a total of 51 pounds.  So far I only have 35 pounds more to go.  Maybe I'll make it by the end of the year.  I think if I continue to eat like this I will.  It's already easier to move my body so I need to add some exercise but honestly just being able to get up off the couch is a big win.  My body had hit a brick wall with the weight gain and I think I was in danger of being completely immobile and I am WAY TOO YOUNG for that.  This Friday I will turn 65 years old.  How in the world is that possible.  Mentally that just doesn't make sense but if I had continued my body was definitely that and that was not good.  I have a lot more to do in my life and I did not want it to be in a wheelchair or bed.  

No comments: