Saturday, June 05, 2021

Happy Birthday To Me

Continuing on with the weight loss journey I fixed some veggies with andouille sausage and a little Lawrey's Seasoned Pepper. SOOOooo very yummy.  The scale is down 16 pounds now and I can tell you I feel lighter.  Oh, I know there is a long way to go but I'm already feeling the effects of the pounds melting away.  Hey look, I'm not perfect especially when I wanted to celebrate my birthday without being tied to a diet.  The past few days I have enjoyed but not gone overboard.  Wednesday I met my childhood best friend for MEXICAN, my favorite, and I ate chips, queso and had one cheese enchilada and a margarita.  But, I wasn't over stuffed and I was quite satisfied.  I didn't eat the beans or the rice at all.  Then yesterday, MY 65th BIRTHDAY I had a Schlotsky's for lunch.  That was because I HAD to be at work and because of a glitch in my accounting had to be there well through my lunch and was in danger of overeating.  The Hubby picked up a sandwich for me, still no soda/pop and I ate it with gusto and continued on with my work.  Plus, IT WAS MY BIRTHDAY!  
For dinner we, my sweet family all went out to dinner to a local restaurant called Roka, an Asian-Fusion restaurant.  I was going to have my usual Pad Thai but opted for coconut shrimp and a cocktail, and for my "birthday cake" I had about 5 bites of their yummy bread pudding.  Honestly I was very content with my food choices and I didn't overeat any of it, left a lot on my plate.  The main thing was enjoying the company of my favorite people in my life.
Getting those warm hugs.  My life is so full it is bursting and I could not be happier.
Happy Birthday to me.  I think 65 is going to be fun.

No comments: