Monday, May 03, 2021

A Weekend of Peace

I was able to boogie away early Friday morning to the cabin with The Hubby to follow Saturday.  When I arrived it was very clear that my beautiful Carolina Jasmine was DEAD.  This glorious vine was nothing but dead twigs left from the late in the season hard freeze.  So The Hubby spent Saturday afternoon cutting it all down and now we have to replant.  In the meantime I had morning glory seeds and sunflowers, sweet peas and marigolds he sprinkled around.  Hopefully they take.  

Time to myself early Saturday morning was what I so needed.  A roaring fire in our new fireplace to ward off the chill, a good book that I hardly cracked open, my journal, coffee and I was content.  I spent a lot of time journaling which seems to help me a lot.  Trust me I write a lot in the journals that I never post here, mostly.  LOL.  I also filled my bird feeders for the first time this season and need to get more seed the next time.  I am not going to do hummingbirds this year because I'm not there to keep the feeders cleaned out like they should be.  With the Carolina jasmine they were content but now I don't have that.  My peonies and clematis were beginning their bloom too.  Seems the flowering is tad later than in town.  
I took several golf cart rides around to just enjoy the quiet and beauty of the place.  The cabin next door, the owner has finally torn the rat-trap down and this is all that is left.
It had been collapsing for several years and was just a place for critters to crawl into.  He tore it down to nothing but this fireplace by the insistence of the board.  Some people were afraid that kids would get into it but I've never, EVER seen a child try to crawl into the thing.  He has the whole thing for sale, but the asking price is unrealistic, for a lot.  He has an inflated idea that he's going to get the money that a lot of the other cabins are getting, but DUDE, all you have is a broken fireplace.  

My drives around the place was so lush with green.  Green has got to be my favorite color.

The creek is flooding again a bit because of all the recent rains.  Sand Bass runs are affected yet again this year making the act of catching them really hard.  Our freezer is empty of fish so far.

I hope to have captured some photos that I can paint from too.  I love the reflections of this photo.

The butterflies were flitting all around too along my drive.  I so love spring and it not only is the rejuvenation of the land but of my soul.  Now we heal from all the loss in our world.  Time does truly heal.  

Oh, good news.  Linda and I are attending a short 2-day art workshop just a couple hours away.  We both need this to inspire us and it's with our dear friend and phenomenal internationally known artist, Derek Penix.  He recently moved to California and is traveling through on his way to the east coast to do a string of workshops and since he is coming through set up a quick workshop.  We are thrilled.  

 

No comments: