Sunday, May 23, 2021

Week Wrap-up

A dieting we will go.  Yes, I am still low carb-ing it and finally the scale is moving in the right direction after being quite stuck.  I'm down 14 pounds now and I can feel it and you can physically see it on me.  I think spring, warmer weather and better veggies are helping me.  The Hubby is eating pretty much everything I'm eating now and that does help.  I don't deny myself though.  The other night I went out with my book club and I was good for dinner of salmon, grilled veggies and a salad, BUT I did indulge in a dessert.  That's okay and the next morning is when the scale shifted.  I'm totally good with that.  

Thursday night I didn't want to order in or go out which is our usual Thursday night thing but instead fixed a large omelet to share with spinach, cheese and some leftover bruschetta over the top.  It was so tasty and he loved it.  

Friday evening at the cabin we hosted a dinner for 12 on the porch with grilled beef tenderloins.  Everyone brought a veggie, appetizer, salad or dessert to share.  It was fantastic and feels like getting back to the good times again.  We had cocktails, we girls call it "Day-Drinking" at 4:30 and a couple of the guys joined us.  Then the crowd started showing up and the guys decided to sit around the unlit firepit in the yard for cigar smoking and we girls enjoyed the porch.  Dinner was served and the beef was devoured.  After a quick dessert (I did not eat) of cheesecake the cigar crew went to P&T's covered porch because a light rain had begun to fall.  Our porch is the best for rain gatherings.  We girls and a guy stayed put and enjoyed the rain and music and lots and lots of laughter.  I so love my friends there and our cabin.  

We had to go home Saturday so I could watch Mini and Snicklefritz and The Hubby had a guy gathering and dance in the evening.  We were quite busy this weekend.  

I was reminded by our youngest that it had been a year since she, her hubby and baby Mini moved here from California.  A year since these two cousins have become the best of friends.  It is the bright spot during this damn pandemic, bringing my family to one town and with all that has happened since Daddy and my dear MIL-Gloria passing.   You have to look for the bright spots to get through the bad spots.  Yes we have lost loved ones but they got to experience the love of the babies a lot at the end.  

I could not be happier having ALL my girls around me.  I have needed my family complete and whole again.  

 

No comments: