Thursday, June 04, 2015

Another Year Older

 
Yup, today is my BIRTHDAY!  Another year older and I'm not sure how I feel about that.  It also means I am one year closer to that dreaded 60.  I have to tell you 50 wasn't so bad but somehow 60 is kind of freakin' me out!!!  It's truly an odd feeling, especially when I feel still in my 40's, even if the body is kind of breaking down a bit.  It's funny, my parents, when they hit that fifty mark kind of just said, "We're old," and just acted OLD!  They pretty much retired from life except for the grandkids and were literally dying since.  Momma made it to 70, barely and it wasn't pretty.  Daddy will be 80 this year and he just creaks around.  Heck, my mother-in-law will be 88 in September and that lady has got it going and lets nothing stop her from doing stuff, just the body is not cooperating sometimes.  It is SOOooooo much a frame of mind. 
The saying, "You're as young as you feel," is just so very true.  It also applies to how you act and stay up with EVERYTHING!
Momma just refused to get on the computer bandwagon.  I tried to show her but she was not open minded.  In fact she viewed Daddy's computer as a mistress.  She was so jealous of his time spent on it.  It was truly sad.  You have to keep the mind young and keep learning.





So Happy Birthday to that person I kind of don't recognize.  Here's to that next step in life!  Cheers to all my friends and family!



2 comments:

Linda Kay said...

Jill thanks for sharing your pictures with us as you were growing up. Always fun to see that on the blogs. Happy Birthday!

Kay said...

You went from cute to pretty to beautiful. Happy Birthday!